- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Update May 2018
DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
We are committed to protecting your privacy and honouring the integrity of your personal information. We do not sell any information collected through our sites to others. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect personal information from you when you (i) submit questions or material to us, (ii) e-mail us, (iii) enter one of our contests or sweepstakes, (iv) give us your details in connection with the production of a television series.
We use such personal information collected through this site and in production for the purposes of:
o providing a personalised service
o running sweepstakes and contests and
o providing you with information about, and access to, products and services we offer, either ourselves or jointly with or on behalf of other organisations.
o To be able to keep in touch with you in connection with the production you are involved in making
We will only communicate with you in connection with the above and will not pass your details on to others.
o build up marketing profiles
o aid strategic development
o manage our relationship with advertisers and
o audit usage of the site.
We may share such information, in the aggregate form only, with our affiliates, partners or advertisers, or other third parties.
Any personal information you choose to provide to us with your submissions posted to our sites may appear on the site, but only to identify you as the author of the submission, unless you expressly authorise us to make further use of the information on the site.
CHAT AREAS/BULLETIN BOARDS
If you voluntarily disclose personal information on the bulletin boards or in the chat areas on our sites, that information can also be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other people.
PARTNER SITES / LINKED SITES
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We take precautions to ensure the security of personal information submitted by users. Unfortunately, no electronic communication over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to take care to protect your personal information, Novel Entertainment cannot warrant the security of any information that you submit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We store any personal information in a secure area to which the general public does not have access.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to change any contact information, or if you no longer desire to receive any communications from us, please email us at Novel@novelentertainment.co.uk