Co-founder and CEO - NOVEL ENTERTAINMENT
Mike’s career in the entertainment industry spans television, music, video and film.
• Before setting up Novel, Mike was Senior Vice President of Programming for Walt Disney International Television, responsible for producing and acquiring programmes for the international Disney Channels.
• Previously he had been Managing Director of leading drama producer World Productions and before that was Managing Director of Production at Central Independent Television, one of the most prolific producers in the ITV Network.
• Before Central Mike was MD of the film and video distribution company Virgin Vision; prior to that he worked as an Executive in the music industry, latterly as International Director at Chrysalis Records.
• Mike is a trustee of the Television Workshop and a jury member of BAFTA’s International Student Film Awards. Previously he has been Chair of the Children’s and Animation policy group for the producers’ trade association Pact as well as Chair of the Children’s production group for ScreenSkills. He has a BA in Economics from the University of Exeter.
"Children are at the heart of everything we do"
- 2016 International Emmy Kids Award Nomination for CINEMANIACS for Non-Scripted Entertainment
- 2016 Children's BAFTA nomination for Horrid Henry for the Kid's Vote Award
- Three BAFTA nominations for Fimbles
- RTS nomination for Fimbles
- RTS Education nomination for Roly Mo
- Two different BAFTA nominations for Horrid Henry
- BVA nomination for Horrid Henry on DVD
- International Emmy
- Prix Jeunesse
- British Animation Award
- Plus multiple Baftas and RTS Awards
- Broadcast Best Commissioning Editor